Dr Fabrice BAUDOT – France
- Master of Science in Biology and medecine
- Certificate of Advanced Studies in Periodontology
- University Diploma in Periodontology and Implantology (Paris VII)
- Periodontal microsurgery
- Oral Surgery LASER Er-Yag
- Founder of the IMCP (Institute of Periodontal Microsurgery)
- Founder member and Scientific Director of the EACim (European Academy of Ceramic Implantology)
“Biomimitic implantology with zirconia implants” – 2023 EACim congress
Lecture Abstract :
We experienced the advent of the titanium implant but with clinical hindsight, we see the appearance of a new pathology: peri-implantitis.
Meta-analyses on this scourge mainly concern titanium implants. An emerging concept describes inflammatory reactions related to metal particles released into the peri-implant environment that can cause disturbances in tissue metabolism of the implant environment are a major risk factor for peri-implantitis.
Zirconia implants have evolved and their physical and biological properties allow them to present themselves today as a preventive alternative to titanium implants in the fight against peri-implantitis.
Zirconia implants are now approaching the natural tooth. This biomimitic that characterizes these implants and the prosthetic concepts to implement them is a real revolution in implantology.