An experienced European Network of Ambassadors
The EACim Ambassadors
EACim Ambassadors represent the EACim in their countries with the mission to promote ceramic implantology and EACim events and activities.
These ambassadors benefit from extensive experience and knowledge of ceramic implants.
– CES and graduated of Periodontology and Implantology – Master of Science in Biomaterials – Former Teaching Assistant Paris VI – Pitié Salpêtrière – Laureate of the French Academy of Dental Surgery – Scientific President of the Implant Oral Club Luxembourg – Exclusive exercise in Periodontology and Implantology, including ceramics since 2009.
– Master in Dental Science from the Catholic University of Louvain, School of Dental Medicine – private practice in Brussels – Founder of the Belgian Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, BAED – President of the Belgian Dental Association until 2000 – Fellowship in Digital Dentistry at DentalXP
– International speaker and KOL for numerous dental companies (Zeramex, Acteon, Regedent) – Professor for Ultrasonic Surgery at University of Seville, Dep. for Oral Surgery since 2009 – Implantologist since 1996 (certified), specialized on ceramic implants since 2010 – Dental surgeon at Dentalspirit, Zürich, Switzerland
Norbert CIONCAAmbassador for Switzerland / Head of research and inter-university relations
– lecturer in the Division of Periodontology and Oral Physiopathology at the University of Geneva School of Dental Medicine – Swiss Federal diploma in dentistry (D.D.S) – Doctorate in dentistry (Dr. med. dent.) – Privat Docent (PD) in dentistry – Swiss board-certified periodontist – Consultant at Geneva School of Hygienist – Member of Swiss Society of Periodontology (SSP) – Member of International Association for Dental Research (IADR)
– D.U Postgraduate Degree in Periodontology and Implantology New York University, NYU College of Dentistry (USA) – Former University attaché (Barcelona Faculty, UIC) for 15 years – Master in Odontological Neurotherapy. University of Barcelona – Therapeutic approach based on Biological Dentistry since 2006 – Practice of Ceramic Implantology since 2014
Laurens WIGGERSAmbassador for Nederlands
– Graduated as a dental technician (IVT) specialized in fixed dental prosthodontics. – Obtained the dentist exam at the ACTA (Amsterdam) – Started in 1996 his own dental practice with an emphasis on the restorative dentistry – Founder of CIET in 2005, a referring Center for Implantology and Aesthetic Dentistry – Since 2008 a registered certificated Implantologist (NVOI) – KOL for Carestreamdental – Clinical advisor for the Ceralog Ceramic implant system
Sofia KARAPATAKIAmbassador for Greece
– Graduated in 1989 (Dental University of Athens) – Specialization in Periodontology-Implantology at the Institute for Postgraduate Dental Education in Jönköping (Sweden) – Sub-specializations in Oral Surgery, Radiology, TMJ, Prosthetics on implants, Perio-prosthetics and Medical Pathology – Master of Science, Gothenburg (Sweden) – Specialization in Prosthetic rehabilitation of facial defects on implants – Training in PRGF (Spain), Cosmetic Dentistry (Germany) – Member of International Association for Dental Research (IADR) – Lecturer of Periimplantitis, Pure Dentistry, Intolerance-Implication of the immune system, Individual approach of the patient, Zirconia Implants
Andrea Enrico BORGONOVOAmbassador for Italy
– Graduated in Medicine and postgraduated in Oral and Maxillo-facial Surgery (University of Milan) – Academic Career as Clinical Assistant Professor at the School of Oral Surgery, at the University of Milan – Vice Chief of Department of Esthetic Dentistry of University of Milan – Practice on reconstructive surgery Orthognathic surgery and oral implantology (metal free rehabilitation) – Active member of Italian Academy of Osseointegration (IAO) – Board member of International Academy of Ceramic Implantology (IAOCI) – founder member of International Academy of Innovative dentistry (IAID) – Editorial board member of European Journal of Dentistry and reviewer of national and international Journals – Author of more than 150 international publications and speaker at more than 250 conferences
João CARAMÊSAmbassador for Portugal
– Full Professor, Dean of the Lisbon University School of Dental Medicine and Chairman of the Oral Surgery and Implant Department – founder and Director of the Implantology Institute in Lisbon – Principal Investigator on Dental Implants and Bone Physiology at the Oral and Biomedical Research Unit of the Lisbon University School of Dental Medicine (UICOB/FMDUL) – The main focus of this research is the surgical and Prosthetic use of zirconia