Dr Norbert CIONCA – Switzerland
- Lecturer in the Division of Periodontology and Oral Physiopathology at the University of Geneva School of Dental Medicin
- Swiss Federal diploma in dentistry (D.D.S)
- Doctorate in dentistry (Dr. med. dent.)
- Privat Docent (PD) in dentistry – Swiss board-certified periodontist
- Consultant at Geneva School of Hygienist
- Member of Swiss Society of Periodontology (SSP)
- Member of International Association for Dental Research (IADR)
“Corrosion of oral implants : causes and consequences” – 2023 EACim congress
Lecture Abstract :
The objective of this lecture is to present the origin of titanium particles and their local and systemic effects in patients with oral implants.
The principle of tribocorrosion will be explained as well as the risk of developping peri-implantitis lesions.
The influence of the implant material could represent a major point in the biological homeostasis of peri-implant tissues.